Thursday, September 01, 2005

Being a parent!

Being a parent!      
Part Duex.


Ok so the week is almost gone and all this week we have gotten a note from my sons teacher saying much improved behavior in the class. Awesome, of course the result of this angelic behavior I am sure is the direct result of a lack of toys and teevee on my sons part. I mean when his mother found out that he got in trouble she removed everything that even looked like a toy from his room. So for the last week he has nothing but homework and some attention from us and then 5 pages of a workbook that I bought him at Borders a few months ago.

Today being Thursday I am hoping to see another good report, he woke this morning lamenting that he only need 2 more reports and he would be off restriction! Now the funny thing is neither his mother nor I have mentioned that we would lift the restrictions on his toys and DVD’s. So where did he get the idea that all would be right in the universe if he brought home a weeks worth of good reports? I would like to think that this is due to my son’s superior intellect and ability to reason! Or his uncle Bri has been sending him e-mails when I am not looking?

Anyway all appears well in the Polack universe and I will allow my young genius to have his hopes and dreams of toys and DVD’s as long as he continues to bring home the nice little piece of paper that makes mommy and daddy all giddy with parenting pride!

Laters

Mr. Mean

No comments: