Monday, November 28, 2005

Today is the day

Today is the day!


Ok so today I am supposed to start a new job with a nationwide web hosting company that is setting up shop here in Phoenix. Now first off let me say that this job was supposed to kick off last week early, it did not! Because of that I had to miss GenCon SoCal and my best friend Brian. I was not pleased at all!

So I should get a call soon telling me when and where to report and then I will be employed again. I am supposed to run their helpdesk and have about 10 techs under me to supervise. Now I must say I am not a fan of helpdesk at all. I do not have the patience to sit there and listen to someone bitch about whatever it may be that they think they have a problem with! Hence why I have the nickname “Mr. Mean” given to me by my best friend Brian! Now you ask why did I take this job, simple economics…. I NEED MONEY! (

With the mortgage and the bills I just cant afford to be picky about work at the moment. I did however inform my agency that I would not be happy as a manager of a helpdesk and she assured me that I would not be on the phones. I would be helping my techs answer calls and providing guidance! Hah me giving guidance! Oh that is funny! …. Ahem! Sorry, lost it there for a minute, better now. Really though I am looking forward to the challenge as I was able to get one of my friends from my local gaming group a job there as well! So can’t be all that bad. At least for him, he went from working at the local discount electronics store making barley above minimum wage to almost double if not more. So even if I do not stay there at least I know Andy will have a job. So I feel good about that.

Well will post later. Lets hope I get the call and go to work today!

Mr. Mean

3 comments:

Adam Renschen said...

Uh-huh. Now how do I work this cup-holder again?

John said...

You pour the coffee into the hole!...Right?

Ahhh techies!

John said...

never got that call! but I did get another job so I guess it all worked out ok!