Monday, January 02, 2006

Gaming 2005




Ok so I have not posted in a bit and I apologize for that.  I just was inspired by Molotov to post my gaming review for year 2005!

L5R or http://www.legendofthefiverings.com/rpg/: I ran a small campaign for 3-4 of my local friends here in Phoenix. Fun had by all and we all enjoyed the 3rd ed. Rules

HARP or http://www.harphq.com/:  While I have not Gmed the game yet I do have the main book and 2 of the supplements, HARP has been referred to as Rolemaster light! HARP stands for High Adventure Role-Playing and is a rule set with no setting to speak of. I really like the character creation rules and it has a very different spin on the whole fantasy setting. Give it a try I think you will like it. Also ICE has all the books as PDF’s right from their site.

GURPs or http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ : I am playing in a 4th Ed. Game Fantasy at the moment and have been working on my conversion of Eberron from WotC to GURPs as I think GURPs handles fantasy better than D20. If you have not checked it out you should there is a free primer of GURPs Lite on the site.

M&M or http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/ : M&M has to be my all time favorite RPG system for it’s ease of use and playability! If you have not checked out the world’s greatest superhero game then please give it a test drive you will not be disappointed!

Well that’s about all for me for the year of 05. I would have loved to play more but life 101 got in the way a lot! I hope to make a better year of 06 that’s for sure. I have a new job and it is permanent and looks to be a good fit for now.  

I have made a few repairs to the house and with the new job and influx of cash that that brings I hope to be able to fix the dry rot spots before the next monsoon season and the rain.

Oh well I think that is all! Happy New Year and may 2006 be better for you and yours.

Mr. Mean

2 comments:

Brian I said...

Glad you find me inspiring, Mr. Mean. :)

Interesting array of games. Hope you find time to run / play more of them in 2006.

May I recommend Risus and Active Exploits as two particularly easy (and yet surpringly meaty) games? Did I mention the free part?

... and Life 101 gets in everyone's way, Big Guy. Keep swinging and don't let it get you down.

Happy New Year, Amigo!

... and, hey, I've heard of this game called "Heavy Gear" ... (that's 10 years now).

John said...

Wow Heavy Gear you say!... We should play that some time.... Lets not wait another 10 years!!!

Mr. Mean